Quick & Easy Hairstyles For Curly Hair

12:49 PM

Rocking your natural hair can sometimes be both a blessing and a curse. There are days where I wake up and look into the mirror thinking, "what the heck happened last night?!" Anyone who knows me personally knows that I usually just wear my hair loose and call it a day. However, it's a new year and I'm determined to branch out and try out some new styles. Here are some cute easy hairstyles that'll make you look like you actually tried, without much effort at all.. You can thank me later ;)

Space Buns
Space buns are super easy to achieve, especially since they don't need to be perfect in order to look cute. In fact, I actually like the idea of messy buns. The best part about this hairstyle is that it works on most hair lengths. Simply part your hair in the middle and make two high ponytails. Then take your hair and wrap it around forming a bun and pin it in place once you get your desired shape.

The Elongated Ponytail
Ever heard of the term "fake it 'til you make it?" Well now is a good time to put it into use! I used to hate wearing my hair in a ponytail because of how short my hair would look. It wasn't until I figured out this trick to getting a long ponytail without having to wear extensions. How? It's easy, separate the top and bottom of your hair into two sections. With the bottom section, make a mini ponytail (the start of the ponytail should be about ear length) and with the top section form a ponytail directly on top of the first one you made. Voila, a cute ponytail without dramatically reducing the length of your hair.

Braids & Curls
There are so many variations of combining curls and braids. For the ponytail pictured, take a section of your hair on either side (or both) and start off french braiding until you reach mid-ear and continue with a regular braid until you are satisfied with the length. Don't know how to french braid? Check out a tutorial here. Then grab a hair-tie and put your hair into a low ponytail, or even a bun. Another variation of this hairstyle would be to leave your hair loose and just pin the braid into your hair for a fun bohemian look.

Will you be trying out any of these hairstyles? Let me know which one is your favorite!
xo, Lisette

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram